Events 1. We will be hosting our Annual Rescue Picnic on 10 Oct from 1-4 pm at the Chesapeake Campground & Stables, 693 South George Washington Highway, Chesapeake, VA
23323. All collie & sheltie owners & volunteers are welcomed. Please bring a side dish, and go to our Facebook page to read more about the picnic.
2. We will also participate in the Chesapeake Bark in the Park Event on 4 Oct at Chesapeake Park. Please go to our Facebook page or Chesapeake, VA webpage for more details.
-> Please contact us and provide your email address and name at Robnluvs24@gmail.com
if you want to be notified of our next event.
- We will post events on our facebook site so please check it for more details - facebook link is to the right on this page.
- Our adoption fee is $300.
- We have a waiting list.
- We are a small rescue and always need foster families and volunteers.
- The Rescue is run solely by unpaid volunteers and most of us have full-time jobs so please be patient with us and we will get back to you on your inquiries as soon as we can.
Please consider coming out to join us this year as we attend dog rescue events.
It helps us raise money for the dogs' care and medical expenses which have been averaging over $380 to bring the dogs up to date on shots and medical needs,
and more to handle special needs cases.
- If you are using an Apple computer, when you open a link to a document it should automatically download to your computer, or open in a new window.
Who We Are
The Collie and Sheltie Rescue is a volunteer-staff, non-profit organization, 501(c)(3) [Tax ID #541812331], that rescues and places for adoption collies and shelties who can no longer be cared for by well-meaning owners, as well as unwanted, abused, neglected, or abandoned collies and shelties. We are very similiar to your local SPCA but do not have a fixed facility, and we specialize in collies and shelties. The "orphans" we receive are given personalized attention through our foster care network.
--------------- Please check us out on Facebook, and if you like what you see let us know.
You can see our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/#!/CollieandSheltierescue
Below are a few of the dogs we have had come through the rescue.
See our "Photos" page for more of these sweet dogs.
If you are interested in adopting or fostering a dog, please use the menu above, go to the "Applicant Questionnaire" page and follow the instructions on the page.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
LIST OF LEGAL ANIMAL LIMITS PER CITY JURISDICTIONS IN HAMPTON ROADS, VA
Chesapeake- 4 dogs
Gloucester- No limit
Hampton- No limit
Newport News- 4 animals total (dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc.)
Norfolk- 4 dogs and 4 cats
Poquoson- 4 animals total (dogs, cats rabbits, guinea pigs, etc.)
Portsmouth- 5 dogs
Suffolk- 5 dogs
VA Beach- 4 dogs
Yorktown- 4 dogs
Williamsburg- No limit
1. This limit does not apply to families who foster for rescues, or animal shelters.
2. We have to abide by these restrictions when we adopt out a dog.
3. We are providing this information so you are aware there are legal animal restrictions in each city.
4. This Information was gathered from various sources of each city listed.
Content copyright . Collie and Sheltie Rescue of Southeast Virginia. All rights reserved.