How do I become a foster?
First, click here and fill out an application
Next, call your veterinarian and let them know to expect a call from us and that you give permission for us to gather information regarding your pets.
Then we will call to set up a home visit. Please don't change a thing! We will talk with you and discuss any concerns.
Soon you will be contacted about fostering approval.
Lastly, we will work with you to select dogs that best fit into your home and lifestyle.....Oh yeah, and offer all the support that you need along the way!
What does a foster do?-- LOVES THE DOG AS THEIR OWN and
1. The foster home shall provide the animal with humane care and maintain it in accordance with all current and future state, county, and municipal laws and ordinances where the fostered animal resides.
2. The foster home shall provide the animal with a humane means of exercise. The animal will never be chained or housed outside.
3. In case of an emergency or routine veterinary care, the foster home shall be responsible for the transportation of the animal.
4. If, for any reason, the animal cannot be kept by the foster family, the foster home shall return it to the Collie and Sheltie Rescue Association of SEVA, as the Collie and Sheltie Rescue Association of SEVA retains ownership of the animal. The animal shall not be given away, sold, or exchanged without prior written permission of the Collie and Sheltie Rescue Association of SEVA.
5. The animal shall reside at the foster home’s address.
6. The foster home shall keep the animal as a household pet and shall not use it for breeding or exclusively as a guard or hunting dog.
7. The foster home, from the date of this contract, agrees to release and indemnify the Collie and Sheltie Rescue Association of SEVA from any and all claims, known and unknown, now or hereafter arising in connection with the animal.
8. Please understand that unless and adoption agreement is considered, the animal will be returned to the Collie and Sheltie Rescue Association of SEVA. If considering adoption, an adoption application must be submitted for consideration.
9. No one residing in the foster home has ever been convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment of an animal.
WE NEED LOVING FOSTER HOMES!!!!!!!
We are in need of foster families to take in our pups and give them a home until their forever home is found! We need homes both with other dogs and without a dog. Maybe you are a person who does not want to take on a dog forever due to your vacation plans, etc. You can still help by fostering for a short time. Fosters may be there from a couple weeks to a few months. We will always work with you, move a dog if the situation does not work for all parties involved or if you have a situation arise. Please submit an application and let us know it is for fostering. Fostering is a very rewarding experience!!!!!